Benefits of Having Straight Teeth
Oftentimes, people assume that having straight teeth is purely about aesthetics. While having straight teeth is always great for your appearance, it goes far beyond just the aesthetics aspect. Having straight teeth is important to your oral health as well and is something we all should strive for!
At Rawle Orthodontics, we specialize in orthodontic treatments that can help improve your smile. We provide orthodontic treatments for children, teens, and adults and take pride in what we do. We love being able to provide patients with the treatment they need to ensure that their oral health is taken care of and they have a smile to feel good about. If you are interested in Invisalign, braces, or other orthodontic treatments that can benefit your smile and oral health as a whole, keep reading to learn the benefits of having straight teeth.
- One of the most well-known benefits of having straighter teeth is that it will make your smile more attractive.
- You will have improved oral hygiene, as having straighter teeth means that they will be easier to clean thoroughly when brushing and flossing your teeth. When your teeth are crooked or misaligned, it can be easy for food to get stuck in your teeth and make it more difficult to clean.
- You will have healthier gums as well. This is because patients who have crowded or overly gapped teeth are more susceptible to gum disease.
- Oral health problems can lead to general health problems. Therefore, when your oral health is in good shape, your body has a better chance of staying healthy as well.
- Misaligned bites can lead to many problems, including excessive wear on your teeth, TMJ (temporomandibular joint) issues, and problems with chewing and speaking.
- Having a straight, healthy smile can also save you money in the long run. When your teeth aren’t in good health, it can be costly for treatments and procedures needed in the future.
- When your teeth are aligned, it also improves the function of your teeth. This means that you can chew your food properly, allowing you to maintain a nutritious diet.
- Lastly, having a straight smile can also give you that boost of confidence that we all can use. From your everyday life, to your social and work life, having a straight and healthy smile will make you feel and look like your best self.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with our trusted orthodontist in Lake Mary or Altamonte Springs, contact us for more information. Our team looks forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!