Dear Amazing Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again, on the day of the appointment, before the patient enters the office.
- For our patients’ safety and to adhere to social distancing guidelines, only the scheduled patient will be allowed to enter the office. All others will be asked to remain in their car until the patient has completed his/her appointment.
- All patients will be required to bring with them from home, a facemask (surgical or cloth), which must be worn before entry to our office and upon leaving after completion of the patient’s appointment.
- Our existing treatment chairs are already six feet apart as recommended by social distancing guidelines and we are also adding privacy panels between each chair for an extra layer of protection.
- We have installed UV air purifiers to our HVAC system to sanitize the air that flows through our offices
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
As you are aware, numerous patient appointments had to be cancelled due to COVID-19. We will reach out to you to schedule your new appointment and ask that your wait for our call as our team members will be working assiduously to get all of our affected patients scheduled as soon as possible.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Rawle and the Rawle Orthodontics Team